Thursday 23 April 2009

A change of heart

Last night I (Mareesa) got an automated email telling me of some new job offerings at a website I regularly check. I read through the job details - part-time secretarial work, linked to training/education, and nearby. And then I realised that a hint of anticipation and excitement had set in and I no longer loathed the idea of going back to work and not looking after Daniel full-time. It was such a relief, and I know that it has to be God. When I finished university I prayed that he would change my heart, because my practicum experience had left me feeling like I definitely did not want to teach. But he did change my heart, and also led me to the perfect first day experience, only giving me what I needed to know at the right time. And I feel that God is doing it again, and I am thankful for those who are praying for me, and have listened to me worry and complain about needing to work (when so many people I know do work and enjoy it and it doesn't wreck their family). I am still fearful about inadequacy and finance, which makes me want to jump in and apply right now! But I also want to enjoy these last few months with Daniel. Ideally I would start work in August, and I need to leave that in God's hands too.
Recent praise points:
  • We received the Australian baby bonus this week (We thought we were ineligible, so this was a suprise!)
  • Daniel has slept through to 5.30/6am the last two mornings.
  • Nathan has finished the semester! We have loved having him around these last two days :)

No comments: