Thursday 19 March 2009

There is some sleep happening at my house


Last night was night #2 of sleep training. Originally we considered training for naps too -and started to implement but we found it waaaay too much - but since Daniel hadn't slept by lunch time, I was starting to feel a little guilty. Tera rang about lunch time, and it was great to talk to someone. I also called my mum (it was 6am in Brisbane), and chatted to my parents for a while, cried a little, and they prayed for us. But I have to say, children are so resilient! I'm finding it hard, but Daniel is doing great, and he doesn't appear to hate us at all. Anyway, last night was Nathan's turn. At 7pm I caught a bus to buy nappies at London Drugs cos they were on special and we were about to run out. I arrived home at 8.30pm, and Daniel had 'passed out' as phrased by Nathan, about 8.15 (from a sitting position). Nathan didn't seem stressed which was great, he fared better than me. I went up to check on Daniel about 9pm. I think his guardian angel stopped him from hitting his head, because he landed so close to the corner of his crib. Right on top of his blanket, which must have cushioned his fall. He woke twice, which I can definitely deal with, although he was awake at 6am again. He just must be a morning person!

Daniel's babbling is so cute, here is a video of him reading his favourite book, Touchy Feely Farm, which is an Usborne book, as well as babbling at the camera. Click here to view it.

No comments: