Monday 2 March 2009

New Foods

I've had trouble getting Daniel to eat solids while we've been back in Canada. Generally eating pureed foods/cereals off a spoon has been a drama, and we have to trick him a lot of the time to get the food in his mouth. He does like trying to eat off the spoon himself, which can get pretty messy as he doesn't always put the correct end of the spoon in his mouth! Yesterday for dinner I gave him cooked diced vegies which were in Nathan and my dinner, and he really enjoyed it. I finger-fed him, and that worked. He can't pick up food himself yet, although he tries. I'm still going to perservere with cereal though.
The diced vegies were for a new product I tried, a Japanese curry (Glico). The paste comes in block form, and you stir it in after the vegies are cooked. My friend Christin, who is Korean, made me some for lunch last week and it was delicious! It's nice to have something easy and tasty to add to our menu. Nathan didn't 'love' it, but he said he'd eat it again, which is good, cos I think I could get addicted to it hehe. (I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain MSG)

No comments: