Tuesday 4 September 2007

First day of school

Today was the first day of Fall Term, so I got to meet my new students, some other middle school teachers, and find out a bit more about my role. I also met my "sister", the school's first teacher Melissa who was from Townsville. It rained this morning, so I got out my second-hand brollie and walked the 20mins to school.

There are 9 kids in Yr 7-9, and 4 kids 10-12. Today was mostly administration, getting to know you activities and some introductory lessons. I do a little bit of mentoring with the seniors, which is helping them to plan their day for when they do online lessons, and help encourage/motivate them, particularly with math/science as they seem to lean more to the art/humanities side of the curriculum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's raining here as well! a lot, thank the Lord.. now it just needs to be aimed at the dams..

I just wrote Glen to try to get him to install Skype. So hopefully yall can talk for free soon.

For the glory of God,

josh