Tuesday 11 September 2007

Another Beautiful Day in Vancouver

8.40am, Tuesday September 11.
I must say, that yesterday was absolutely beautiful! The wind wasn't cold for a change, and the sun was out. I was glad I had the opportunity to be outside for parts of the day. I taught PE for the first time - maybe it wasn't such a good sign that a girl threw up afterward??? We're looking at fitness & exercise, so that will help me stay motivated to jog with Nathan of a morning, so that I'm not hypocritical. Today I teach one 40 minute class, but I am also starting teacher aide work with Grade 4-6, as one of the students needs individual attention. We also (finally) are having a staff meeting, which is very much needed. And Wednesday, our new Office Administrator is starting (we haven't had one for 2 weeks). Basically it means the school will run a lot smoother =)
Nathan has gone off to his first lecture in Hebrew, he has 3 subjects today plus chapel (I joked about taking his picture on the first day of 'school'). I am about to go over to Regent and sign up to audit Intro to Christian Counselling, which runs on a Tuesday night. It wasn't my first choice, but it fits in with our schedule, and I know that it will be helpful! Christina, another international spouse I know, is also auditing that class.
Tonight there is a 'soup night' here at St Andrews, and Thursay we are having people over for dinner for the first time - thankfully I bought another 2 plates at a garage sale on Saturday hehe (also some other useful things - sleeping bag, thermos, canisters etc).
Even though I am teaching, I am still waiting to hear back from the BC Teachers College for my certification, so I'd appreciate some prayer about that.
M
Nathan now has a facebook for those who also have one.

No comments: