Friday 1 June 2007

Visa's going ok

Yesterday I (Mareesa) received a call from the Canadian Consulate in Sydney about my visa application, to double check a few things. I asked him if I was likely to be asked for an interview in Sydney, to which he replied "this is it"! So no extra flights to Sydney are needed. I have to have a medical check-up, in order to teach in Canada. But the guy was very positive and said he would be recommending that our request for visas (Study Permit for Nathan, Work Permit for Mareesa) be accepted! Yeah! It was very relieving to hear that although the paperwork will not be complete for 6-8 weeks, that there won't be any hassles in that department.
I am currently applying for my teacher registration in British Columbia, which I hope to mail off this week. 11 weeks to go!

No comments: