Friday 21 December 2007

Holidays at last!

Big sigh of relief, with the promise of sleep-ins to come. What a hectic week! At last I am on holidays. This week has been disrupted when trying to practice for the Christmas concerts when most of my class has been away sick. Not a lot of school work going on. The music teacher couldn't run through the acting part of the musical because 4 of the 5 students were away sick from Mon-Thurs, and dragged themselves to school Thurs morning to practice. They went home at lunch to rest before performing that night. They did so well, despite feeling awful. I'd been out every night Sun-Thurs, so I am very tired. Today was pajama day at school, nice and relaxing. Our friend Ziggy did some science experiments with my students. Only 4 sleeps til Christmas! I hope to do some shopping tomorrow. Our apartment is looking a little more Christmassy since we put our Christmas cards up, and I have a poinsettia in my kitchen which adds some nice colour. We're looking forward to Christmas Eve party with two families from England and Scotland, and Christmas lunch with an Aussie family downstairs. Less than 3 weeks til Nathan's folks come for a week. Time for bed!
Picture of Ziggy with a pupil looking at chemical reactions.

No comments: